HeartCode Basic Life Support (BLS)
HeartCode BLS is the AHA’s BLS blended learning delivery method. Blended learning is a combination of eLearning (online learning), in which a student completes part of the course in a self-directed manner, followed by a hands-on session. Using a variety of eLearning assets such as dramatizations, eSimulations, animations, self-directed learning, and interactive activities students are taught with the BLS knowledge and skills.
Step by Step Guide:
1. After completing the online portion (HeartCode BLS part 1)
2. Print out your certificate of completion and bring the certificate to Beat to Beat Training LLC on the day of your BLS HANDS ON SKILLS course.
3. Book your BLS HANDS ON SKILLS course.
HeartCode Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
HeartCode® ACLS is a self-directed, comprehensive eLearning program that uses eSimulation technology to allow students to assess and treat patients in virtual healthcare settings. To enter the course, students must complete a precourse self-assessment. Students will then be presented with a team dynamics lesson and 10 In-hospital patient cases, including a BLS case and 2 megacode cases. Upon successful completion of all the patient cases, students must pass the written exam with a score of 84%. Students then are able to attend the hands-on session required for full course completion.
Step by Step Guide:
1. After completing the online portion (HeartCode ACLS part 1)
2. Print out your certificate of completion and bring the certificate to Beat to Beat Training LLC on the day of your ACLS HANDS ON SKILLS course.
3. Book your ACLS HANDS ON SKILLS course.
Disclaimer: The American Heart Association strongly promotes knowledge and proficiency in BLS, ACLS, and PALS and has developed instructional materials for this purpose. Use of these materials in an educational course does not represent course sponsorship by the American Heart Association, and any fees charged for such a course do not represent income to the Association.